Dritac worked, this is sticky stuff. I bought the big bottle to finish the large area that was warped loose from concrete by a leaky icemaker years ago. The customer just wanted the floor side not to be so noisy and floating. I told her that this wouldn't take out the ridges from the warping and she was okay with that. DriTac Professional Wood Repair Adhesive is cheaper than pulling it up and starting new. I originally bought the starter kit and one extra 32 oz bottle to do an area that was 8ft by 2.5ft. I didn't have near enough, so I bought this big bottle to go back and finish. When I drilled through some spots seemed to have almost 3/8 inch gap to concrete below, so the glue just kept flowing in. I staggered my holes about 15-20 inches apart. I wasn't too prepared for the cleaning of syringe which can be done. I used brake cleaner I had in truck to spray out and clean before it set up in the needle so I could use it again next week. Keep the syringe clean. Any particle that gets in it including partially set up glue will clog the tip, keep a pin on hand. I used an 18 gauge brad nail.
- Manufacture By: Dritac
- Material: Wood
- Model No: FBA_RS-8
- Weight: 9 Pounds
- Dimension: 11.8 x 3.2 x 7.2 inches
- Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5.0
- Price Range: Under 100
Features of Dritac Wood Repair Adhesive:
- DriTac has developed a repair system to correct the hollow spots and popping conditions for engineered wood flooring installations
- DriTac has developed a repair system to amend the empty spots and popping requirements for engineered wood flooring installations
- One US Gallon of DriTac Repair Adhesive RS-8
How to Use - Instruction and Review of Dritac Wood Repair Adhesive
I purchased the little kit first and switched to this gallon quickly once I knew it worked. I used it on my engineered floor, which glued on a concrete surface. Over the years, I had many hollow spots. Some made a creaking noise when I stepped, and some were just annoying because I could feel the air pocket under my feet when I stepped on the spot. It just felt different. If you are reading about Dritac professional adhesive product and this review, you know what I am describing. So here is a summary and some tips:
- Most importantly, you should know that Dritac wood adhesive product works, and it works excellent. I am not sure technically how, but it feels like it is a glue that also expands with time to fill the gap. In the end, there is no difference between the spots that I fixed and the original floors that never had a problem.
- At first, I used the little kit, knowing that it probably would not be enough to experiment. When I saw that it worked, I bought the gallon version. In my experience, one syringe full (50ml or 1.6 oz.) is enough to fill one spot. Most of my domains were more abundant, so I went in multiple of that to figure out how much I needed. In the end, I ended up using this kit + 1 full gallon
- For every 6" x 6" area I had, I drilled one hole. If my area was double, I drilled two holes (1 on each side of the area I wanted to cover). If it was triple, I drilled three holes to inject the glue, etc.
- In the instructions for multiple holes, they say to pump from one end until you see the glue come out the other end. In my experience, this never happened. Maybe I under-injected, but I achieved perfect results by sticking to the 6" x 6" area = 1 syringe-full equation
- Repair Tape Size：Length-15 Feet Wide-3.9 Inches Thickness-0.08 Inches To meet your different needs, different collocation, arbitrary choice.
- High Quality Materials：Select high-quality PE and OPP compound,.With strong adhesive, easy to use.It can be used for a long time.
- Multifunctional Repair Tape：Great for covering any size kitchen，cabinet，dresser，drawer, craft DIY,nightstand,bookcase,shelf,door，wall，baseboard repair, furniture repair and renovation, adapt to uneven surfaces.etc.
- Easy To Use：You do not need too many tools, just need a pair of scissors, keep the surface of the object clean, according to the need to cut the size, the repair tape paste on the surface of the object, after standing still for a period of time can be used normally, simple operation, convenient,It is a good thing at home.
- Intimate Service：Due to the difference of screen display effect. If you can't determine the color when ordering products, please contact us in time.And we will provide service for you at the first time.
- Model Number: 19408
- Item Package Length: 8.19999999163599"
- Item Package Width: 5.799999994084"
- Item Package Height: 1.299999998674"
- DriTac has developed a repair system to correct the hollow spots and popping conditions for engineered wood flooring installations when other adhesives fail to get the job done.
- These defects cost the flooring industry millions of dollars per year.
- Studies and experience show that a major cause of these problems for engineered wood floor installations are adhesive voids between the flooring and the subfloor.
- DO NOT USE Dritac RS-1 engineered wood floor over sealed concrete. For repairs over concrete , use DriTac SW-1 Solid Wood & Bamboo Floor Repair Kit
- Package Included -- 1 roll of wood textured adhesive tape realistic repair tape, the size is 5.6cm x 4.6m x 0.26mm / 2.2in x 15ft x 0.01in (L x W x T).
- Premium Material -- The wood-grain tape is made of high-quality, safe and environmentally friendly materials, with good shielding, waterproof, grease resistance, aging resistance and high temperature resistance.
- Easy to Use -- It is sturdy and very sticky, you can stick it firmly on the object by sticking it directly, simple and convenient. Paste in the break or stain is not easy to be found in the crack or stain.
- Multifunctional -- For baseboard repair, furniture repair and renovation, cabinet edge banding, floor repair and various decorative edge banding. You can also cut it into various shapes with scissors easily and adapt to uneven surfaces.
- Widely Used -- Perfect for furniture covering scratches, peeling laminate. Suitable for door, floorboards, tables, cabinets, dresser, drawer, decor projects, craft DIY and even wall etc.
- Cost Effective – Eliminates Expensive Repairs & Board Replacements
- Saves the Installer and Homeowner Time & Money
- Compact and Easy to Transport or Ship
- Reusable Components – Easy to Clean and Use Again.
- Cleans Up Easy Wet or Dry
DriTac Professional Wood Repair Adhesive is expensive. OK yes, it stings a little, but the fact that it works makes it worth every penny. Good luck