I recently completed CalFlor Professionals Pull and Pry Bar at 1550 sq ft laminate flooring project in a portion of my home. Years ago, I made a tool similar to this for prior install. This tool is faultless in function, sturdy, and easy to use. I placed a single wrap of duct tape around magnets for proper spacing and used until the end of project. I know CalFlor Professional Pry Bar would last me a long time if I were using it daily. I would suggest the manufacture fabricate a smaller model of this tool and offer as a "kit." I had to invent a smaller one for small pieces in closets and against multi-angle areas. Great tool-worth the money!
The calfFor heavy-duty professional pull bar made by metal off that develop for the professional floor installer in mind. Blue or Gray – two Designed comes withstand a lifetime of installations, Cal-Flor pull and pry bar has a massive steel core and durable powder-coated finish. PB71302 tool perfect for you. It likes robust angled head that gives the ideal amount of friction need to pull on floor together. By pry bar, it fills up gaps with less power. By adding bar functionality, pull and pry bar tool has a pry bar end. So it becomes ideal for any aspect of your DIY job, from demolition to floor install.
From the CalFlor Manufacturer
CalFlor is a Professional Grade pull bar for all flooring applications needed one. CalFlor PB71302 has Industrial Strength, do not carry this on an airplane, check it with your luggage. It will give you many years of exceptional performance.
Top Features of CalFlor PB71308 Heavy Duty Professional Pull and Pry Bar
- CalFlor Professional Pull and Pry Bar floor express comes adjustable instruction for wood and laminate flooring installations
- Pull bar instruction for Magnetic shims that how to adjust the height to match floor thickness
- Heavy-duty pry bar – for join end for flooring and molding removal
- Suitable for 8 mm to 3/4 inch floor thickness
- Best Pull and Pry Bar floor which Solid steel constructions, built sturdy for heavy daily use
Professional Heavy Duty Pry Bar: It does not bend or break like the ones from the "kits" you can buy. Where those bend after just a few blows this one kept its shape. The only drawback for this product is the advertised "adjustable" feature. It adjusts by using one, two, or three magnets attached to the bottom of the bar to hold it level. The only problem is that what they call magnets are cheap pieces of material that cannot adhere to the metal bar. To keep these place I had to tape them on the bar. The attractions need to be much stronger — overall a right product without the adjustable "magnets."
Lounge and Groove: This is much, much better than the cheap pull bar sold in kits at the box store. I had a challenging install, and this made it much more manageable. I could close gaps across long stretches from either wall. I managed a very snug install across all joints.
I still, however, found the small cheap bars helpful for tight spots. Pull and pry bar is too big once you get up against walls. The trick for using Pull and pry with laminate is to ensure you're setting the bar above the groove. If you apply force to the groove area, it will crush the composite wood and won't mate correctly.
Plastic Cap: The black rubber bumper for the mallet strike is a good example - anyone else would have repurposed a readily available bumper-like thing - like the foot to grandma’s walker. Wouldn’t last. The CalFlor engineered nearly do impossible task - a piece of hard rubber plastic that is heavy-duty enough last a lifetime of mallet strikes. Anyone can weld together some tank armor - which is what the frame feels like it made of - but the attention to the black cap is what astonished me.
Install Laminate: Bought a couple of pull bars from the local big box store, and after thoroughly destroying them I decided on Pull and pry pull bar. After using Pull and pry to install laminate in my living room and another bedroom it is holding up like a champ, although like some of the other reviews say the plastic piece does break off after some beating, I did not see that as a big enough issue to ding a star. If you are attempting to install laminate flooring yourself in your home, save yourself the money and buy Pull and pry one first, you won't regret it.
100% Absolutely the Best Pull Bar: I have ever used for laminate, floating tongue & groove wood. I have installed flooring, LITERALLY MY ENTIRE LIFE! My Grandfather, my Father, Great Uncle's, Cousins, etc. all install flooring. I am the 3rd generation of flooring installers. I was on every job with my Father growing up; after school, weekends, I've even had to skip school when his help didn't show up.
- Contains 3 sizes: 5-1/2", 7-1/4", 9-1/4"
- Stainless steel construction with mirror polished finish
- Sharp scraper edges
- Use as pry bars, scrapers, chisels or tack pullers
- Ideal for nail and tack pulling and scraping
- Leading Manufacturer Of High-Quality Products
- International Renown For Our Diverse Range Of Award-Winning Products
- Fully Equipped With State-Of-The-Art Technology
- All Products Have Been Designed With The Professional In Mind
- Constantly Modernizing Our Powerful Devices To Meet The Demands Of The Modern User
- Heat-treated and coated for rust resistance For a wide variety of prying and scraping uses
- Nail slot in end and center for access to pulling nails
- Precision-honed, beveled ends for easier penetration
- Radius end design adds strength and provides better prying leverage
- Includes 1Pc 7-1/4 in Pry bar with nail puller 1Pc 9-1/4 in Pry/trim/scraper bar
- 【APPLY TO ANY SPACE】: Sharp angle tip, easy to enter the narrow gap. The combination of angle head and straight head is more convenient and widely used.
- 【WITH STRIKE CAP】: Ergonomic handle, comfortable and antiskid. The end of the handle is provided with a strike cap, which allows the pry bar to be struck into place with a hammer.
- 【SOLID】: Made of high-quality chrome vanadium steel, which is harder after heat treatment and not easy to distort and deform. The crowbar with proper proportion length is more labor-saving.
- 【DURABLE】: The pry bar surface is protected by black oxide film, Anti corrosion and anti rust, extending service life. Thicker crowbar, stronger and more durable.
- 【5-PIECE PRY BAR SET】: 4x Angle head pry bar: 8" 12" 18" and 24", 1x 12" straight head pry bar, each pry bar will have a protective cap.
- 🏆 Industrial grade standard & 12 years manufacturer: MecWork has ample experience in making indexing pry bar set, high strength chrome vanadium steel in the use of heavy duty equipped with screws can be directly replaced, 3pcs uniform standard manufacturing so you can replace each other adjustable pry bar head use. Otherwise, you still need to spend time to go to the repair store to repair.
- 🏆Flat & Indexing Pry Bar Set Combination：With both crowbar combinations ranging from nails to engines, Indexing Pry Bar is built from sturdy chromium-vanadium steel for automotive repair, engine and construction applications with a 7-inch Bar. Flat Pry Bar perfect for window & door trim, molding and baseboard on nails.
- 🏆Round Button for Flat Head Upgrade:The 14 lock positions and 180° head rotation can be easily adjusted by gently pressing the round button with your thumb, making the product more fluid when adjusting the lock position and reducing wear on the head, further increasing the durability of the pry bar set.
- 🏆180° Rotation 14 Bar Force Options：Head Rotates 180 Through 14 Locking Positions For Unparalleled Access And Leverage. Our Indexable Pry Bars Cover A Wide Variety Of Tasks From Removing Engine And Axle Drive Seals To Demolition, Repositioning Equipment, Industrial Work, Aligning Steel Components, Or Moving Engines.
- 🏆 Industrial Heavy Duty Use : With a unique ergonomic design, the crowbars weigh 1.59 LBS., 0.97 LBS., and 0.29 LBS. Each crowbar can be held in the hand for full force, while using industrial-grade Chrome Vanadium (CR-V) Steel, You can use it in tight Spaces and withstand heavy duty.The sturdy material and indexing pry bars head, can play a similar function to the mechanics pry bar and crowfoot pry bar in automotive pry bar.
- 4 Piece Pry Bar Set, comes in the following sizes: 24”, 19”, 13”, 8”.
- Quality Construction from forged square stock, will not easily bend or twist.
- Striking Cap designed for hammer striking to power through your project.
- Premium non-slip handles with attractive two-tone color design.
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed. US based company with fast and exceptional customer service.
- ★ MULTIFUNCTIONAL STRIKING PRY BAR SET- Experience real heavy-duty with this multifunctional impact pry bar set that saves you time by being adaptable for many industrial uses. The pry bars can be wedged into tight spaces to help pry apart stuck parts, break apart large objects, and even be used for positioning heavy pieces of machinery.
- ★ STRONG PASS-THROUGH HANDLE DESIGN - The sturdy handle can withstand the heavy impacts exerted by a hammer or mallet. The molded ergonomic handles are designed to provide a secure comfortable grip, while the steel striking cap makes full contact with the end of the bar, ensuring that the force of each hammer strike is transferred directly to the bar itself.
- ★ IMPACT-GRADE SVCM STEEL - These pry bars are made from heavy-duty SVCM steel, a material that is used in professional-grade impact rated products. The shock-resistant steel means that these pry bars exceed ASME B107.60-2004 standards, making it a lifetime companion.
- ★ 4 CONVENIENT SIZES - With 8, 12, 18 and 24-inch lengths, this set ensures you have the most convenient size no matter what you use them for. Leverage is your friend with these pry bars; they will help you to effortlessly and quickly complete any heavy-duty maintenance or demolition job.
- ★ OLSA TOOLS TRUST - Our deep commitment to quality is the reason why tool fanatics like you keep coming back to us for more. All socket organizers from Olsa Tools are backed by a limited lifetime warranty that protects your investment against any manufacturer defects. All you need to do is get in touch with us and we’ll make it right by you, guaranteed.
- FORGED IN ONE PIECE – The most durable, longest lasting striking tools available
- HIGH LEVERAGE DESIGN – Engineered to produce maximum torque when pulling nails & prying boards
- CHISEL END – Use angled chisel end for prying and lifting
- SLOTTED HOOK END – Maximum leverage for extracting the toughest nails and spikes
- MADE IN THE USA – Our tools are proudly crafted in Rockford, IL using the finest American steel
I don't think I will ever have to buy another one due to failure. However going to buy another one very soon for my helper. All the ones at any hardware store, ie. Lowe's, Home Depot, bend almost immediately. They're just a flat piece of metal bent at opposite 90deg. Angles on each end, and cost 40% what Pull and pry one does. Similar pull bars at any of my wholesale flooring distribution suppliers in Houston cost 2 to 3 times as much, which is why I've never bought one from them. Any installer knows you have to be cheap and bust, or you'll never make any money being a floor whore.
I threw the Magnets it came within the trash the day it arrived, useless. I guess that's what's adjustable about Pull and pry bar, cause nothing on it moves. Pull and pry bar is solid! As it should be. They included three magnets to "adjust" the depth of the pull end to different material. If you've never installed before, maybe Pull and pry is a good idea. It does just seem pointless to me, Pull and pry is a professional pull bar, and any professional can "adjust" without the magnets much faster.
If you're a do it yourself, please give Pull and pry to any professional installer you meet after the job is done. I've honestly given two tools I use very often in Pull and pry manner. It isn't offensive, and it's very appreciated. We cheap installers hate the price of quality tools, and love looking at a job upon completion thinking, "I got that done, with PULL AND PRY!?"
- Great Design, worth money bring improvement over cheap models with kits
- I've been using Pull and pry to install about 1200 sq ft of laminate flooring. They must have improved the material for the hammer block cap because my orange Stanley dead blow hammer has not caused the lid to get damaged or even get loose. So glad I bought Pull and pry for my project.
- If you are installing laminate plank flooring or vinyl plank flooring, Pull and pry tool will be your new BFF. Pull and pry pull was so useful when installing the flooring in tight spaces.
- Heavy-duty made, but design is poor
- The plastic impact cap broke with the 1st strike of my rubber mallet. It shattered. Other than that it worked great had to rig up an impact pad, so I didn't chew up my hammer.
CalFlor Professional Pull and Pry Bar work great! I've put 1600+ feet in so far, and Pull and pry thing makes it so much more comfortable than another cheap model. They are suitable for typically get for DIY jobs. I bend the heck out of those, and it would chip the ends of the wood. I can hammer on Pull and pry if I need to and there's little to no chipping and boards slide into place with less effort.
I have no other issues with banging on the black cap either as some have reported, and it has not broken at all, I'm using a dead blow hammer, not a metal hammer which is another excellent investment. It needs to be better to be called "professional" if you hit the black bumper it breaks, then the metal gets deformed. I had to weld a striking metal plate on where the broken black knob was, and the magnetic shims fall off too quickly. I did my first 1200 foot laminate job with Pull and pry, and it got the job done after I fixed it! So recommend using CalFlor Professional Pry Bar for your standard lifestyle. Good Luck.