I recently completed CalFlor Professionals Pull and Pry Bar at 1550 sq ft laminate flooring project in a portion of my home. Years ago, I made a tool similar to this for prior install. This tool is faultless in function, sturdy, and easy to use. I placed a single wrap of duct tape around magnets for proper spacing and used until the end of project. I know CalFlor Professional Pry Bar would last me a long time if I were using it daily. I would suggest the manufacture fabricate a smaller model of this tool and offer as a "kit." I had to invent a smaller one for small pieces in closets and against multi-angle areas. Great tool-worth the money!
The calfFor heavy-duty professional pull bar made by metal off that develop for the professional floor installer in mind. Blue or Gray – two Designed comes withstand a lifetime of installations, Cal-Flor pull and pry bar has a massive steel core and durable powder-coated finish. PB71302 tool perfect for you. It likes robust angled head that gives the ideal amount of friction need to pull on floor together. By pry bar, it fills up gaps with less power. By adding bar functionality, pull and pry bar tool has a pry bar end. So it becomes ideal for any aspect of your DIY job, from demolition to floor install.
From the CalFlor Manufacturer
CalFlor is a Professional Grade pull bar for all flooring applications needed one. CalFlor PB71302 has Industrial Strength, do not carry this on an airplane, check it with your luggage. It will give you many years of exceptional performance.
Top Features of CalFlor PB71308 Heavy Duty Professional Pull and Pry Bar
- CalFlor Professional Pull and Pry Bar floor express comes adjustable instruction for wood and laminate flooring installations
- Pull bar instruction for Magnetic shims that how to adjust the height to match floor thickness
- Heavy-duty pry bar – for join end for flooring and molding removal
- Suitable for 8 mm to 3/4 inch floor thickness
- Best Pull and Pry Bar floor which Solid steel constructions, built sturdy for heavy daily use
Professional Heavy Duty Pry Bar: It does not bend or break like the ones from the "kits" you can buy. Where those bend after just a few blows this one kept its shape. The only drawback for this product is the advertised "adjustable" feature. It adjusts by using one, two, or three magnets attached to the bottom of the bar to hold it level. The only problem is that what they call magnets are cheap pieces of material that cannot adhere to the metal bar. To keep these place I had to tape them on the bar. The attractions need to be much stronger — overall a right product without the adjustable "magnets."
Lounge and Groove: This is much, much better than the cheap pull bar sold in kits at the box store. I had a challenging install, and this made it much more manageable. I could close gaps across long stretches from either wall. I managed a very snug install across all joints.
I still, however, found the small cheap bars helpful for tight spots. Pull and pry bar is too big once you get up against walls. The trick for using Pull and pry with laminate is to ensure you're setting the bar above the groove. If you apply force to the groove area, it will crush the composite wood and won't mate correctly.
Plastic Cap: The black rubber bumper for the mallet strike is a good example - anyone else would have repurposed a readily available bumper-like thing - like the foot to grandma’s walker. Wouldn’t last. The CalFlor engineered nearly do impossible task - a piece of hard rubber plastic that is heavy-duty enough last a lifetime of mallet strikes. Anyone can weld together some tank armor - which is what the frame feels like it made of - but the attention to the black cap is what astonished me.
Install Laminate: Bought a couple of pull bars from the local big box store, and after thoroughly destroying them I decided on Pull and pry pull bar. After using Pull and pry to install laminate in my living room and another bedroom it is holding up like a champ, although like some of the other reviews say the plastic piece does break off after some beating, I did not see that as a big enough issue to ding a star. If you are attempting to install laminate flooring yourself in your home, save yourself the money and buy Pull and pry one first, you won't regret it.
100% Absolutely the Best Pull Bar: I have ever used for laminate, floating tongue & groove wood. I have installed flooring, LITERALLY MY ENTIRE LIFE! My Grandfather, my Father, Great Uncle's, Cousins, etc. all install flooring. I am the 3rd generation of flooring installers. I was on every job with my Father growing up; after school, weekends, I've even had to skip school when his help didn't show up.
- Pry bar lengths include 8-inch, 12-inch, 16-Inch and 18-inch
- Beveled leading edge allows access to the tightest work places
- Full Lifetime Warranty, refer to "Warranty & Support" section below for full details
- FORGED IN ONE PIECE – The most durable, longest lasting striking tools available
- HIGH LEVERAGE DESIGN – Engineered to produce maximum torque when pulling nails & prying boards
- CHISEL END – Use angled chisel end for prying and lifting
- SLOTTED NAIL PULLER – Maximum leverage for extracting the toughest nails and spikes
- MADE IN THE USA – Our tools are proudly crafted in Rockford, IL using the finest American steel
- Contains 3 sizes: 5-1/2", 7-1/4", 9-1/4"
- Stainless steel construction with mirror polished finish
- Sharp scraper edges
- Use as pry bars, scrapers, chisels or tack pullers
- Ideal for nail and tack pulling and scraping
- 12-inch Utility Pry Bar, double claw with end chisel nail puller, Made of Drop Forged and Heat-treated Alloy Steel, tough and easy to grip,suit for precision nail pulling ( Overall Length 300mm )
- 8-inch End Cutting Pliers, Carpenter pincers for easy nail extraction for construction, floor installation etc, Made of High Carbon Steel for durability and prevent rusting. ( Overall Length 200mm )
- 7-inch and 10-inch Flat Pry Bar, double claw with end of nail puller ( Overall Length 185mm and 260mm )
- Polished, beveled claws allow precision nail pulling and prying
- Corrosion-resistant black plated finish
- 1/4 inches dr x 9mm hex drr
- Features and benefits: all metal I-beam core: up to 40% stronger
- Comfortable tri-lobe handles
- Hammer-ready strike cap
- Angled tip creates a high-leverage fulcrum for prying or lifting
- Sharpened chisel end wedges into tight spaces
- Generously sized textured poly handle offers a comfortable, nonslip grip
- Steel striking cap allows pry bar tip to be driven into place with a hammer
- Made from stout square bar stock that won't easily flex or twist
- SET OF 5 PRY BARS - 6", 8", 12", 18", and 24" with Metal Striking Hammer Cap
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE FORDGE STEEL - Made From CR-V Forged Steel in Black Finish; These Pry Bars We're Engineered to Prevent to Bending Under Extreme Pressure.
- ERGONOMIC SOFT HANDLE - Comfortabel Soft Handles with Ergonomic Design. Designed to Be Used for Hours Without Hand Fatigue
- PERFECT FOR ANY HOUSE, GARAGE, or PROJECT - Pry Bars go by Many Names; Prybars, Wrecking Bars, Crowbars, Prying Bars; Regardless of What They're Called Everyone Needs a Set. They're Perfect for Demoing, Nail Pulling, Crate Opening, Auto Mechanics, Engine Repair, And So Much More!
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE - Here at Owl Tools (USA Based Company) we only care about your satisfaction. We try our best to ensure each product is in perfect condition before you get it, but if something is not up to your satisfaction, please contact us for a full refund or replacement.
- DURABLE MATERIAL - Pry bar set is made of high-quality carbon steel, and surface is sprayed with plastic to improve durability and prevent corrosion. The heat-treated crowbar is very strong and flexible, which can avoid breaking during use.
- VERSATILE CONSTRUCTION - The curved claw improves leverage and reduces damage to work piece. Flat claws can be inserted deeper into narrow spaces, thus increasing leverage. The nail groove function makes it easier to pull nails with utility pry bars.
- WIDE APPLICATION - ValueMax pry bar is strong enough to handle difficult tasks and easy to control, which can assist with a wide variety of DIY tasks, such as lift flooring, remove moldings, extract nails, and more.
- CONVENIENCE - Utility pry bar set includes 15” heavy-duty pry bar and 7.5” mini nail puller. Two different size of pry bars meet the needs of multiple tasks. Crowbar complies with relevant environmental protection requirements.
- TIPS - Nail pullers can be used when precision and control are needed for nail pulling, levering, lifting, scraping. Clean pry bar's surface and dry it after use, which will help to extend service life of crowbar.
I don't think I will ever have to buy another one due to failure. However going to buy another one very soon for my helper. All the ones at any hardware store, ie. Lowe's, Home Depot, bend almost immediately. They're just a flat piece of metal bent at opposite 90deg. Angles on each end, and cost 40% what Pull and pry one does. Similar pull bars at any of my wholesale flooring distribution suppliers in Houston cost 2 to 3 times as much, which is why I've never bought one from them. Any installer knows you have to be cheap and bust, or you'll never make any money being a floor whore.
I threw the Magnets it came within the trash the day it arrived, useless. I guess that's what's adjustable about Pull and pry bar, cause nothing on it moves. Pull and pry bar is solid! As it should be. They included three magnets to "adjust" the depth of the pull end to different material. If you've never installed before, maybe Pull and pry is a good idea. It does just seem pointless to me, Pull and pry is a professional pull bar, and any professional can "adjust" without the magnets much faster.
If you're a do it yourself, please give Pull and pry to any professional installer you meet after the job is done. I've honestly given two tools I use very often in Pull and pry manner. It isn't offensive, and it's very appreciated. We cheap installers hate the price of quality tools, and love looking at a job upon completion thinking, "I got that done, with PULL AND PRY!?"
- Great Design, worth money bring improvement over cheap models with kits
- I've been using Pull and pry to install about 1200 sq ft of laminate flooring. They must have improved the material for the hammer block cap because my orange Stanley dead blow hammer has not caused the lid to get damaged or even get loose. So glad I bought Pull and pry for my project.
- If you are installing laminate plank flooring or vinyl plank flooring, Pull and pry tool will be your new BFF. Pull and pry pull was so useful when installing the flooring in tight spaces.
- Heavy-duty made, but design is poor
- The plastic impact cap broke with the 1st strike of my rubber mallet. It shattered. Other than that it worked great had to rig up an impact pad, so I didn't chew up my hammer.
CalFlor Professional Pull and Pry Bar work great! I've put 1600+ feet in so far, and Pull and pry thing makes it so much more comfortable than another cheap model. They are suitable for typically get for DIY jobs. I bend the heck out of those, and it would chip the ends of the wood. I can hammer on Pull and pry if I need to and there's little to no chipping and boards slide into place with less effort.
I have no other issues with banging on the black cap either as some have reported, and it has not broken at all, I'm using a dead blow hammer, not a metal hammer which is another excellent investment. It needs to be better to be called "professional" if you hit the black bumper it breaks, then the metal gets deformed. I had to weld a striking metal plate on where the broken black knob was, and the magnetic shims fall off too quickly. I did my first 1200 foot laminate job with Pull and pry, and it got the job done after I fixed it! So recommend using CalFlor Professional Pry Bar for your standard lifestyle. Good Luck.